No visit to Palladio would be complete without sampling one of our locally made cakes. Available by the slice or as whole cakes, you will know you’re in the South from the first bite of these mouth-watering traditional favorites. Pre-order a cake for your next occasion or stop in and try a slice with a friend.
The Perfect Coconut Cake
We spend years revising the recipe for the perfect coconut cake. Made using a closely-guarded Southern family recipe, our coconut cake has become a signature dish that brings people back to Cafe Palladio over and over again. We bake it fresh, in-house daily.
Your fork will sink into this light, fluffy, moist cake. Loaded with creamy white icing and shredded coconut on top, served in generous square slices, you’ll close your eyes and imagine you’re in a different time—when cakes were made from scratch and you could taste every ingredient. Buy a slice to share, then grab a second one to take home.
Update: Our Coconut Cake has now been named one of 100 Things to Eat in Memphis Before You Die!
Delights from Sugaree’s Bakery
We’ve teamed up with Sugaree’s Bakery, the premier source for confections that reflect traditional Southern baking. While our exact selection periodically changes, we feature popular favorites from Sugaree’s including:
- Caramel Cake: Sugaree’s starts by melting granulated cane sugar in a black iron skillet, exactly the way grandmothers have done for generations in the South. This signature cake features three layers of rich caramel goodness.
- Strawberry Cake: This is the perfect picnic cake, or the ideal choice for any special occasion. The moist pink cake is made with real strawberries and features a handmade buttercream icing.
Cheesecakes and other treats are frequently available as well, including:
- Reese’s® Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Andes® Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake (Seasonal)